Saturday, June 4, 2011

#48HBC Book One



#48HBC Book One

I finally finished The Dark and Hollow Places. I feel like such a slow reader for taking around 7 hours to read it. (I spent part of my late morning listening to Beastly on audiobook while I cleaned up.) This book is the apparent end to The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy, although neither the second or third book lives up to the first. There was so much potential for this story, and it all got lost somewhere in between the silly love stories, chases, near deaths, and evil Recruiters. There was no big revelation or glint of real hope for the survivors. I'm exhausted not from the length of time it took reading this, but from Annah's constant fight and struggle to stay alive. It never ended.


pages: 377

time spent reading: roughly 7 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment