Sunday, June 10, 2012

Just Finished Reading...

Checking in with the 48HBC...

After yesterday's posting, I didn't really have time to do any extra reading, so this morning I took up again with Watership Down.  I read 128 pages of it, essentially Part 2 of the story before switching to some shorter reads  to feel a sense of accomplishment (and to have something to post about). 

Watership Down by Richard Adams, Part II - pages 129-257, 3 hours

This story is amazeballs.  How can a book about a small warren of rabbits be so compelling?



 
Marty Mcguire by Kate Messner and Brian Floca - 131 pages, 45 min.

Marty is getting a lot of compliments via reviews on Goodreads, but I have a problem with the authors vilifying a girl who likes to play dress up.  What's so wrong with that?







Big Nate: In a Class by Himself by Lincoln Peirce - 214 pages, 1 hour

I enjoyed the humor of this story more so than Wimpy Kid's whiny, self-centered Greg.  Obviously, very predictable and ridiculous antics, but fun all the same.






Babymouse: Queen of the World! by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm - 93 pages, 20 min.

Is this what it's like to have ADHD or be on crack?  My first graphic novel for kids. 






Totals so far for the day:

3 books and 1 not yet completed
566 pages
5 hours and 5 minutes

Time blogging:  15 minutes


1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I may have to read Big Nate. The Wimpy Kid series gets on my nerves, but maybe something with a more likable protagonist. . . .

    ReplyDelete