Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Getting Ready for the 2012 48-Hour Book Challenge

This is officially the seventh annual 48 Hour Book Challenge but my fourth year participating.  This year it happens to fall on a busy weekend for me.  In previous years I had been freshly finished with the school year and in need of serious downtime, so it was easy for me to wipe my schedule clean for a weekend to stay home and read.  This year I am in the MLIS program at FSU and have responsibilities that require me to work on the weekends, and there are some personal engagements on the calendar that I can't ignore.  That being said, I will do my best to read as often as I can in between everything else.  My goal will be 15 hours, but that may be reaching.  While my time may be limited, I have no shortage of books to read.  Here are some possibilities:

From the library -
Millicent Min, Girl Genius by Lisa Yee
Babymouse, Queen of the World! by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm
Marty Mcguire by Kate Messner and Brian Floca
Knucklehead: Tall Tales and Mostly True Stories About Growing Up Scieszka by Jon Scieszka
Big Nate: In a Class by Himself by Lincoln Peirce
Watership Down by Richard Adams (currently reading)

My personal collection -
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
When the Whistle Blows by Fran Cannon Slayton
Enclave by Ann Aguirre (gifted to me in the Book Blogger Holiday Swap)
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain (on my Nook)

For school -
Readings in Reading Instruction: Its History, Theory, and Development by Richard D. Robinson
The Organization of Information by Taylor and Joudrey

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautifully balanced list! I hope the reading of them goes well. (and I think it is maybe time to offer Watership Down to my oldest--thanks for the reminder!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Watership Down is my favorite book. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete