Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Just Finished Reading...


The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin


I read this book over the weekend, but have been busy (and out of town) and have not had a chance to write about it. I am not usually savvy enough to figure out whodunnit before the characters do and mystery is not a genre I read often, but this is a perfect book to introduce the mystery genre to students. There are many characters and many clues to keep track of and plenty of opportunities for skillful predictions. I had difficulty myself keeping track of who is who (16 main characters are a lot to follow) and so I want to read this again and spot all the clues the author slyly put in that I never caught. I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. Will use this with my 6th graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment