Sunday, June 7, 2009

Throwing in the Towel

So, I have until 7 in the morning to finish the book challenge, but I'm really proud of what all I've accomplished so far and I just don't see myself staying up through the night to try to rush through a book just to have one more. I'd rather read when I'm awake and lucid enough to comprehend what's happening. Since 7:30 Saturday morning, I have read 5 books. That's five in less than two days! I'm sure I've never done that in my life. Here is the run down of my accomplishments:


1. Fever 1793 - 243 pages - 3 hrs.

2. Maniac Magee - 184 pages - 3 hrs.

3. The Graveyard Book - 307 pages - 4 hrs. 15 min.

4. Life As We Knew It - 337 pages - 6 hrs. 30 min.

5. The Witch of Blackbird Pond - 223 pages - 4 hrs. 30 min.

Totals: 5 books, 1294 pages, 21 hrs. 15 min.

Congratulations to everyone who participated this weekend. I know I was never in the running, but I'm so excited for what I've accomplished!

Oh, and for the Greater Good, I pledged $1.00 for every 50 pages I read to my two charities. I will be donating $25.88 to both Rose Brooks and LiteracyKC.

No comments:

Post a Comment