Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Spring Reading Thing 2009 - Wrap Up

Spring ended June 20th but I was on vacation and haven't had time to wrap up the reading challenge until this morning. Overall, I am pretty thrilled with how well I have done. SRT has been hugely motivational for me as well as learning I will be teaching 5th and 6th language arts next school year. I haven't done a lot of reading for me, but I am finding that a lot of the children and young adult novels are just as enjoyable and fulfilling. So what are the results?

Well, I had from March 20th to June 20th to read as much as possible. ***

1. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
2. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
3. Zach's Lie by Roland Smith
4. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
5. Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
6. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
7. Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix
8. Tunnels by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams
9. Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli
10. The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi
11. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
12. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
13. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
14. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
15. Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
16. The Luxe by Anna Godberson
17. Gone by Michael Grant
18. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

My favorites: Milkweed, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, My Sister's Keeper

My goal for next year is to read 25 books. In fact, I'll make that my goal for summer '09!

***This does not include the educational books I also read:
19. Donalyn Miller's The Book Whisperer
20. Kelly Gallagher's Readicide
21. Nancie Atwell's The Reading Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment